This tutorial series is a compilation of the various tutorials we have on Matplotlib, primarily designed towards Beginners. Matplotlib is a huge library, and many of its interesting features are not common knowledge. This tutorial series aims to gather all that knowledge in one place for you.
Matplotlib 2D Plots
All available tutorials on creating and customizing 2D Plots in Matplotlib.
- Line Graph
- Bar Chart
- Scatter Plot
- Pie Chart
- Density Plot
- Violin Plots
- Box and Whisker Plots
- Contour Plots
- Quiver Plot
Matplotlib Important Features
Knowing how to plot and customize graphs is just a small portion of Matplotlib. Listed here are various features and common (but important) operations that you need to know in order to properly manage your Matplotlib Graphs and take them to the next level.
- Managing multiple Plots
- Events and Event Handling
- Matplotlib Pick Event
- Adding Animation to Graphs
- How to Annotate your Graphs
- Update Plots after creation
- Add Custom Fonts in Matplotlib
- How to change Font properties
- Realtime plotting
- Using Matplotlib in Tkinter GUI
Matplotlib 3D Plots
A collection of tutorials on the most important and commonly used 3D Graphs in Matplotlib.
Other Misc. Tutorials
All other tutorials on Matplotlib which you might find useful.
- How to add Subplots to an existing Figure
- Wipe Plots clean for re-plotting
- Saving Animations (as videos or gifs)
- LinearSegmentedColormap (Color map)
- Arrow Properties (arrowprops)
This marks the end of the Matplotlib Tutorial Series for Beginners. Any suggestions or contributions for CodersLegacy are more than welcome. Questions regarding the tutorial content can be asked in the comments section below.